All 24 art Reviews

Smile Smile

Its funny, I looked a the thumbnail and immediately knew this was a James Lee piece.

Trust Fall Trust Fall

Wow that's rough. He's not even trending.

Stan the croco Stan the croco

Nice work, I especially like your edge lighting. My only critique here is that adjusting the brightness/contrast of the picture would really help the character and the environment stand out.

UGH UGH

What this needs is some lighting elements that help bring out the front figure's outline, particularly around the hair and upper legs. The face details as already noted seem to be bleached out... either too much light, or the skin is too white (there have been times where I had to make white surfaces grey in order to balance out strong 3d lighting).

Rim lighting can really help out in these kinds of renders.

Kel-chan responds:

Thanks I'll try that gray skin thing- I'm trying to make a sort of dark washed out noir look where only the blues really shine through, the problem is some of the lines get washed out. Still learning how to use After effects

Zero Dragon Zero Dragon

I loved Zero Dragon, and I think you gave that cell-phone smashing hippie some justice.

'Cleaning the Keyboard' 'Cleaning the Keyboard'

I'd say this comic is pretty accurate. Gotta love the space screen saver; I'm not sure why they removed it in later versions of windows.

Butzbo responds:

Indeed!, I guess screensavers are not as necessary anymore; but yeah, I remember some of them being pretty amazing (at the time); they even had a lot of customization options!

Calamity Blaze Calamity Blaze

Very worthy choice for Pico day; WoN brings to Newgrounds original, insane-quality animation, storytelling and even a dash of music to the mix. Kudos to your art piece; I too see a nice appeal with the mixture of purple and yellows.

test-object responds:

Glad you enjoy it!

dark city dark city

Well, this satsifies my sci-fi fix for the day. I like how the rock formations accent the buildings and how you didn't overkill on the lense flares of the ship.

Forgotten Lands Forgotten Lands

Excellent and interesting scenery which could certainly tell a story. A well-deserved front page.

Darksiders 2 Digital Painting Darksiders 2 Digital Painting

A very well-deserved front page piece. I really enjoy the clean lines and the sharp detail.

Adovion responds:

Thanks you. I didn't even know it got to the front page till i read your comment haha! :)